WellBAMA Ambassadors are UA staff and faculty volunteers who help to create a culture of health within their work areas. Ambassadors promote wellness programs and act as a liaison between their college, school, division or department and Wellness and Work-Life. As a representative of the entire University community, Ambassadors provide feedback, thoughts, and ideas to enhance the current and future wellness programs.
To improve and sustain the health and well-being of our fellow co-workers through a supportive environment.
- Identifying leaders within each University department to further support UA health and wellness initiatives.
- Recognizing and honoring the efforts of individuals and departments in promoting a healthy and positive workplace.
How to Become an Ambassador
WellBAMA Ambassadors serve a two-year term, and the next term begins in August 2023.
The Ambassador applications are accepted for the next cohort from May-June 2023. All applications will be reviewed for eligibility. Supervisor approval must be obtained for each applicant.
As an Ambassador
- You will actively participate in wellness programs and assist in coordination of programs delivered to your area.
- Support a team environment, encourage employee involvement and strive for continued improvement of your health, and the health of your colleagues.
- Serve as a resource to identify opportunities to enhance the health within your college, school, division and department.
- Distribute promotion information within your area (including newsletters, email communications, program brochures and posters).
- Provide feedback to enhance wellness programs and make recommendations on way to develop health initiatives in your specific area.
- Time commitment of two-year term and approximately two hours per month
- Attend two WellBAMA Ambassador meetings per year – a luncheon in January and August