5 Weeks. 2 Goals. A New and Improved YOU! Get ready to Strive For Five
September 17- October 19
There are changes you can make that will greatly improve your health and you can count them on one hand.
- Strive for Five is a virtual, 5-week program for University of Alabama faculty and staff that uses five simple steps to improve overall health. Individuals or teams of two to five can participate in this wellness program and log their achievements with online tracking.
We’re kicking off the program during the 4th Annual Quad in Motion on September 12th, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
- Gather your team or come as an individual and join us. Check-in at the Office of Health Promotion & Wellness table under the big Quad in Motion tent to receive your program materials. You’ll find program information, additional tips, and resources to help you achieve your Strive For Five goals. Online tracking is required and available from any computer or smartphone. Everyone must register individually. Download your Strive For Five program guide, participant guide and poster here.
Getting Started is Easy!
- Registration opens August 1. Register online & for the online mobile tracking!
- Choose your goals online. Pick 2 or more goals from the five categories to complete.
- Receive weekly emails with tips, information, recipes, resources, motivation and more!
- Track your goal progress each day online throughout the five-week program.
- Complete the program (qualifying program for WellBAMA Rewards)!
MyPlate: Use MyPlate to build your healthy eating style and maintain it for a lifetime.
MyPlate Graphic: A simple visual tool to help guide you on your path of better nutrition.
Eating More Fruits: Easy ways to increase fruit in your diet.
Eating More Vegetables: Easy ways to increase vegetables in your diet.
Build A Healthy Meal: Ways to create a healthy eating style for each meal.
Choosing Whole-Grain Foods: What to look for to increase your whole-grain foods and fiber.
Making Better Beverage Choices: Ways to increase water intake and reduce sugary drinks in your diet.
Nutrition Guide: A great four-page nutritional resource.
We Want to Hear From You!
Without you, our program would not be possible! Please provide us with YOUR success stories and let us know how you and your team did in the Strive for Five program. Send us comments and pictures to add to our website and Facebook.