However you like to get active, make it count.
UA Wellness and Work-Life’s partnership with MoveSpring delivers an all-new fitness challenge platform designed to motivate us toward our health goals and have fun along the way.
Keep stepping and keep syncing in our MoveSpring app
Between Aug. 1 and Aug. 22, you could win some extra dough. Set a new personal best in steps, active minutes, or distance, and you’ll be entered into a drawing for a $25 gift card!
Fall Back Into Fitness Challenge
August 31- September
Let’s be honest, this summer has been its own type of challenge, but now Fall is just around the corner, and we’re getting back on track! Starting Aug. 31, you choose your daily step goal of 5,000, 8,000, or 12,000 steps and try to stick to it! You choose the goal that works for you. Those who reach their goal will be entered for a chance to win one of three $25 gift cards. Get your WellBAMA program credit by averaging 8,000 steps per day for the duration of the challenge.
Step It Likes It’s Hot | July 13-19 Challenge Results
A very hot CONGRATULATIONS! to the top participants in our July challenge.
|Top 10 with the most active minutes:||Department||Total Active Minutes|
|Caleb Hill||Financial Affairs||1,349|
|Mark Morton||Academic Affairs||1,326|
|David Bertanzetti||Human Resources||1,143|
|Lynne Foster||Academic Affairs||999|
|Dee Cook||Community Affairs||983|
A few stats to get you excited:
Total combine for the 7-day challenge
Individual daily average active minutes: 34 minutes
Participants who reached the target goal of 100 active minutes in 7 days: 252
Looking for WellBAMA program credit? Those who achieve an average of 8,000 steps per day for the duration of the challenge will receive WellBAMA program credit.
Take Your Wellness to the Next Level with
MoveSpring users now have the ability to create their own activity challenges in the mobile app. Users can choose from Streak, Target, or Leaderboard challenge modes. User-created challenges can last up to 7 days and include up to 10 participants. Challenge creators send invites to friends, who must accept or decline the challenge invitation.
New! MoveSpring Badges
Achievements are worth celebrating, no matter how small. With MoveSpring’s latest feature, Badges, it’s more rewarding than ever to celebrate your accomplishments! Program users can earn an achievement badge on their own time, whether they’re in a challenge or not. Earn badges in four different categories: Challenge, Activity, Community, and Seasonal.
Join the MoveSpring Program. Here’s how it works:
- Download the MoveSpring app or go to movespring.com to sign up.
- Enter our organization code: UAS
- Enter your UA Campus-wide ID for “Employee ID”
- Create your account -it only takes a minute!
- Follow the steps to create your MoveSpring account and connect a device
- Sync your fitness tracker daily with MoveSpring or manually log your activity.
Check out the Movespring Help Center, MoveSpring how-to videos, or contact their support team via the blue dot on the bottom right of their website, or in the MoveSpring app via your profile. You can also email MoveSpring Support directly at: email@example.com
Don’t have a fitness device or smartphone? Don’t sweat it! You can enter your activity into MoveSpring manually or use any of the fit trackers below:
UA Employees can still receive preferred pricing on all Fitbit devices.
- Visit the storefront at fitbit.com/welcome/UASYSTEM.
- Enter your discount code, which is Campus-wide ID number.
- Purchase the device of your choice.
How can I receive program credit towards WellBAMA Rewards?
MoveSpring wellness challenges will count as Qualifying WellBAMA Rewards programs once completed with an average of 8,000 steps per day over the course of the challenge.
What Information will be shared if I sync my wearable device to the UA System MoveSpring Program?
When you consent to the program only your exercise activity will be shared. All personal information (height, weight, GPS location) will not be shared with UA System from MoveSpring. That information is confidential within your MoveSpring consent.
- Some of the dashboard features and individual group leaderboards are designed to let participants connect with coworkers and compare data with each other. This data includes a participant’s name, steps, active minutes, distance, as well as a link to the participant’s profile if not kept private.
- What administrators of the site can see:
- Aggregate data: De-identified summary of program information.
- Individual data: Includes participants, photo, name, sync date, steps, distance, floors, and active minutes. MoveSpring does not provide access to GPS location, or sensitive health information such as sleep or weight.