2017 Crimson Couch to 5K/10K
April 8, 2017
- 7-week Training Program
- Kickoff event will be February 10, 2017 on the Quad (inclement weather location: Gorgas 205)
- Final check in events will be April 7th at various locations on campus.
- Event day: April 8th, 2017 @ 9am. Click here to register for the event now.
Crimson Couch to 5K & 10K 2017 Program Information
Important for 2017:
- 7-week training program. Click here for the campus poster.
- Online event registration is required for all participants (7-week program participant fee will not be waived for 2017 event). Event t-shirts will be distributed to those registered for the event.
- $15 through April 6th, 2017
- $20 on-site
- Online tracking is required throughout all 7 weeks of program to qualify as program completion for WellBAMA Rewards.
- Click here for the 2017 CC25K Training Guide.
- Don’t want to train on your own? Need extra motivation and want UREC trainers to help you reach your goal? If so, the group training is available. This training is provided if you want more from the CC25K training and is optional. Complete the enrollment form and return to our office by Friday, February 10th at 12:00pm, with payment, to enroll.
- 2017 Training Enrollment Form (Cost: $20)
Check-in Events on Campus:
Optional check-in events on campus for the kick-off and wrap up of the program. Attend and receive resources, program information, and more!
Kickoff check-in events:
- Friday, February 10, 2017 | 11:00am-1:00pm |The Quad/Denny Chimes
Final check-in events/packet pick-up:
- Friday, April 7, 2017 | 11:00am-1:00pm | Russell Hall Courtyard
- *Friday, April 7, 2017 | 3:00-5:00pm | UREC Outdoor Pool Complex Drive Thru
* If you are unable to attend a check-in event on campus, you may pick up your event t-shirt and bib for the following day, Saturday, April 8, 2017.
Crimson Couch to 5K & 10K Event Information
The 2017 Crimson Couch to 5K/10K event is scheduled for
Saturday, April 8, 2017 at 9:00am.
Event: 2017 CC25k Route Map
- Kids Dash begins at 8:30am
- 5K and 10K begins at 9:00am
How to Register: Click here to register online for the 2017 Crimson Couch to 5K/10K event.
Online event registration is required for all participants (7-week program participants’ fee will not be waived for 2017 event).
Registration: Registration is required for everyone.
- $15 – through April 6th
- $20 – On-site
Parking: Parking is available in the lot on Campus Drive East across from the Outdoor Pool Complex.
Volunteers: We need volunteers to help make this event a success! If you want to help volunteer for this event, please click the link below!
Success Story: The Misfits 1, 2 & 3
Shonna Evans, Custodial Services, has been invaluable in Crimson Couch to 5K program recruitment. “I do it because I had so much fun last year,” Shonna said.
When asked why she was inspired to recruit three CC25K teams (The Misfits 1, 2 & 3) of 11 participants, nine of whom are new to the program, Shonna said, “Employees should really take advantage of the wellness programs the University offers. Programs like WellBAMA can save your life or point out risk factors you may not otherwise be aware of. I want my teammates to experience how much fun walking/running a 5K can be!”