WellBAMA Ambassadors are UA staff and faculty volunteers, who help to create a culture of health within their work areas. Ambassadors promote wellness programs and act as a liaison between their college, school, division or department and the Office of Health Promotion & Wellness. Providing feedback, thoughts and ideas to enhance the current and future wellness programs, Ambassadors represent the entire University community.
Ambassadors on Campus
Ambassadors are targeted to represent all divisions at the University and are always available to answer questions, discuss opportunities and distribute information regarding upcoming wellness events.
Purpose of the Program
To improve and sustain the health and well-being of our fellow co-workers through a supportive environment.
- Identifying leaders within each University department to further support UA health and wellness initiatives.
- Recognizing and honoring the efforts of individuals and departments in promoting a healthy and positive culture.
How to Become a Ambassador
Applications are now being accepted for the 2019-2021 WellBAMA Ambassador term!
Please complete the online application before the July 1, 2019 deadline. All applications will be reviewed for eligibility. Supervisor approval must be obtained for each applicant.
Ambassador applications are accepted from May-June. Please contact our office for more information.
As an Ambassador
- You will actively participate in wellness programs and assist in coordination of programs delivered to your area.
- Support a team environment, encourage employee involvement and strive for continued improvement of your health, and the health of your colleagues.
- Serve as a resource to identify opportunities to enhance the health within your college, school, division and department.
- Distribute promotion information within your area (including newsletters, email communications, program brochures and posters).
- Provide feedback to enhance wellness programs and make recommendations on way to develop health initiatives in your specific area.
- Time commitment of two year term and approximately two hours per month
- Attend two WellBAMA Ambassador meetings per year – a luncheon in January and August