Ready to Become Tobacco Free? We are here to help. Call now.
Individual and telephonic sessions are also available. Call today and speak to our certified tobacco cessation specialist, Kay Whites. Kay is prepared to provide you with the information and resources to best help you. Contact our office at 348-0077 or email@example.com to get started on your journey to a tobacco free life. Individual and telephonic sessions are also available.
If you use tobacco and are interested in quitting, the tobaccoFREE Challenge is designed to help you change your life by providing strategies to help you succeed. Receive Tobacco Free tools, support and group counseling, medication therapy with no co-pay and ongoing Tobacco Free support. Click here for a tip sheet on quitting tobacco use.
Upcoming Tobacco Cessation Classes
2014 tobaccoFREE session dates -– April 10, 17, 24 and July 10, 17, 24*
Dates: Thursdays, April 10, 17 & 24, 2014
Location: Russell Hall (front lobby, conference room)
Time Options: 12:15-1:00pm
*Individuals are required to attend all sessions to be considered to meet the alternate standard for tobacco use (premium and WellBAMA qualifying program requirement)
Individuals who are out of town can also receive one make up session on an individual basis
- Alabama State Tobacco Quit Line – free of charge for all adults in Alabama. Call today to get signed up at (800) QUIT-NOW. Nicotine patches are also available.
- Prescription medication reimbursement: Beginning 2011, all UA employees with UA/BCBS-AL insurance are eligible for a one-time reimbursement of up to $150 for Nicotine Replacement Therapy (nicotine patches, gum and prescription medications) used for quitting tobacco. Additional information will be available during the session classes.
- American Cancer Society – Great American Smokeout
- Blue Cross Blue Shield BeHealthy.com
- Tobacco Free Tipsheet
- Tobacco Addiction Treatment
Inspiration and Hope:
Cecil Crumpton, Custodial Services
After smoking for over 10 years, Cecil knew that she did not want cigarettes in her life anymore. She hated the way they tasted and the way it smelled.
She turned to her spiritual faith for help – and low and behold! She found out about the UA Wellness Quit Tobacco program. The support she received there, including education and random check-ins over the phone gave her the confidence to go on and achieve her goal. She has now been smoke-free for almost 4 years and appreciates that she can breathe easier and feels better in general.
Her grandchildren appreciate it too: they are happy her car does not smell like smoke anymore! She says, “The only thing I miss about smoking is the day I started.” Cecil truly regrets ever starting to smoke, and encourages others to quit and find that difference in their own lives.
firstname.lastname@example.org | (205) 348-0077
* Follow-up sessions available