Campus Programs and Resources
The University of Alabama has contracted with Uprise Health to provide professionally trained counselors to give options and resources for coping more effectively with a variety of life challenges. Access the resource library to find monthly newsletters, support guides, and more.
A 4-week program to strengthen your mind and equip you with effective tools and techniques to better manage stress and enhance your resilience, leading to an increased sense of well-being. Register to attend.
Medication and Mindfulness Resources
Resources to help you further the practice and integration of mindfulness in your life.
- Free app with thousands of meditations, relaxing playlists, stories, and live events
- Friendly for beginners and long-time practitioners of meditation
- Can filter based on what you need, time, and type
- There’s even a special section for the workplace (prep for meeting, focus, commute, unwind after work, set your intentions for the workday, etc.)
- Free YouTube channel with free guided meditation sessions and educational videos on how to use mindfulness and meditation in all aspects of your life
- Most videos are about 5 minutes, but there are some longer videos consisting of music to help you relax or focus
- There’s a section specifically for children to teach them about mindfulness and breathing
- Founded on Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR), the UC San Diego Center for Mindfulness offers meditation recordings, programs, and educational resources for meditation and mindfulness.
- They even offer mindful poetry
Books to Read
The Upside of Stress by Kelly McGonical
Joyful by Ingrid Fetell Lee
Why Meditate by Matthieu Ricard
10-Minute Mindfulness by S.J. Scott and Barrie Davenport