Resources to help you achieve a healthier life
See links at the bottom of this page for more resources.
The University of Alabama has contracted with American Behavioral Health to provide professionally trained counselors to give options and resources for coping more effectively with a variety of life challenges.
Produce for better health Foundation PBH provides information,
materials, and resources to promote healthy eating through fruits and vegetables.
Campus walking routes offering a variety of distances and routes to encourage physical activity.
Ready to Quit? We’re here to help. UA became a tobacco free campus in January 2015. There are many resources available for those ready to become smoke free.
Free resources available focusing on nutrition, exercise, personal health, and overall well-being.
Steps to follow for a work-site walking station.
Blue365 offers premier health and wellness discounts and is free to join. These exclusive discounts are available to members of select BCBS organizations.
- Nutritional Therapy at the University Medical Center, Faculty/Staff Clinic
- The University of Alabama, Farmer’s Market
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Healthy Weight – It’s not a diet, it’s a lifestyle
- Plate Planner and resource guide
- United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) ChooseMyPlate.gov Resources
- Federal Nutrition Information Center
- Helpful questions to ask your physician about Cholesterol
- What is a Cholesterol lowering medicine?
- The University of Alabama, Student Recreation Center & Aquatic Center
- Walking Works by Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Alabama
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC), Physical Activity Basics
- The President’s Council on Physical Fitness & Sports
- Tuscaloosa Parks and Recreation
- Federal Recreation & Parks
- Alabama State Parks
- YMCA of Tuscaloosa, AL
- YMCA of Birmingham, AL
- University of Alabama Employee Assistance Program
- Mayo Clinic, Work-Life Balance: Ways to restore harmony and reduce stress
- Web MD, Health & Balance Guide
- The University of Alabama, University Medical Center, Faculty/Staff Clinic
- The University of Alabama, Speech and Hearing Center
- The University of Alabama, Psychiatry Clinic
- The University of Alabama, Pediatrics Clinic
- The University of Alabama, Psychology Clinic – The clinic is located at the McMillan Building off Hackberry Lane, building #1401. The Psychology Clinic is a non-profit, multi-service center supported by the Department of Psychology and The University of Alabama. Confidential and individualized services with a sensitivity to issues of diversity are provided for people of all ages, from preschool through late adulthood.
- Alabama Department of Public Health
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Alabama
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Alabama, Be Healthy
- American Cancer Society, Guide to Quit Smoking:
- NIH, CDC, National Cancer Institute, Smoking Cessation Program
General Health Resources:
- American Cancer Society – www.fightcancer.org Password: UA
- American Heart Association
- American Diabetes Association
- Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- Downloadable Medicine Tracking Chart