We Have a WINNER in the Summer Madness Fitbit Challenge ….
Well Done CCIS!
You are the champions with a total score of 74,099 steps for the final week against Facilities & Grounds (72,248 total score) and CBA (45,746 total score). It’s been a close race all week. Average daily steps during the challenge were: 14,820 CCIS (up 45%), 14,450 Facilities & Grounds (up 24%) and 9,149 CBA (up 6%).
Summer Madness Team Bracket
Week 3: Facilities & Grounds was again the top steping team for Week 3 with a total score of 73,176 steps. CCIS with a total score of 59,923 steps and CBA with a total score of 48,874 steps will compete in the final Summer Madness challenge next week. Congratulations to the other week 3 teams: Startegic Communications with 62,553 total score, Education with 50,391 total score, and Pres. Office/Grad School/Honors College/Comm. Affairs with 29,068 total score.
Week 2: Facilities & Grounds was the top stepping team from Week 2 with a total score of 74,437 steps. Other top team steppers to advance were: CCIS (61,856 total steps), Strategic Communications (61,793 total steps), President/Grad/Comm Affairs/Honor College (60,400), Education (49,536 total steps), and CBA (41,116 total steps).
Week 1: Startegic Comminications was the top stepping team from the Week 1 challenges with a total score of 74,232 steps. Other top team steppers to advance were: Facilities & Grounds (65,959 total steps); Pres/Grad School/Comm Affairs/Honor College (60,256); CCis (56,113); CBA (52,807); Education (51,218); Human Resources (50,148); Engineering (48,948); Academic Affairs (47,309); Advancement (45,909); Nursing (45,159); Student Life (42,375).
A 4-week, single elimination, bracket style Fitbit step challenge. If you lose you’re out, if you win you move on. Beginning July 22nd, your team will be competing in a 5-day step challenge against another team in hopes of advancing to another 5-day challenge. Three teams will make it to the final 5-day challenge, August 12- 16. Find out who the Week 1 winners are below.
Click here for past challenge team winners and top steppers.
Ready to Join the UA System Fitbit Program?
Join the UA System Fitbit Program to participate in campus-wide challenges.
Purchase heavily discounted wearable devices for you, your friends and family members.
If you don’t have a Fitbit device but want to participate in step challenges, you can use your mobile phone as your device. Under “set up a device” in your Fitbit app settings, select “Mobile Track”.
All UA employees will have the opportunity to purchase Fitbit devices at reduced rates and to participate in campus-wide wellness challenges!
This is a System-wide initiative, so you will be able to challenge individuals at UAB, UAH and the UA System Office.
- Friends and family may not purchase devices. Only full-time and benefit eligible employees.
- Each full-time, benefit eligible employee will receive an email from UA Wellness with an access code allowing them to buy devices at that time.
- Employees may purchase an unlimited number of devices at a discounted rate from the online storefront.
- You will not be reimbursed for Fitbit purchases made outside of the UA System Fitbit Program online storefront. Discounts will only be available through this storefront.
UA System Fitbit Program Discounted Pricing
What if I already have a Fitbit Device?
Great! If you do not purchase a device but would like to use your current Fitbit device in the wellness challenges, join the program by completing the form above.
How will the Wellness Challenges Work?
You will be prompted to join the ‘UA System Fitbit Program’ when you set up your device online and all your activity will sync automatically with the UA Wellness program.
Ongoing Fitbit wellness programs will count as Qualifying WellBAMA Rewards programs once completed with an average of 10,000 steps per day over the course of the challenge.
What Information will be shared if I sync my Fitbit to the UA System Fitbit Program?
When you consent to the program only your exercise activity will be shared. All personal information (height, weight, GPS location) will not be shared with UA System from Fitbit. That information is confidential within your Fitbit consent.
- Some of the dashboard features and individual group leaderboards are designed to let participants connect with coworkers and compare Fitbit data with each other. This data includes a participant’s name, avatar, steps, active minutes, last sync date, as well as a link to the participant’s public Fitbit profile.
- What administrators of the site can see:
- Aggregate data: De-identified summary of program information.
- Individual data: Includes participants, photo, name, sync date, steps, distance, floors, and active minutes. Fitbit does not provide access to GPS location, or sensitive health information such as sleep or weight.
Resale Policies and State Ethics Guidelines:
Any University of Alabama employees purchasing Fitbit products through the UA System Fitbit Program are “public employees” subject to the Alabama ethics laws. As such, employees may not resell any Fitbit products purchase through the UA System Fitbit Program for a profit. Any such sale would be considered using your public position for personal gain, and would be a violation of the Ethics Act. Campus officials will investigate any reports of employees reselling such products for more than they paid for them. Any employee found to have profited from such sale is subject to being banned from program participation, to workplace discipline, and to being reported to the State Ethics Commission, which can levy criminal charges.
—-Insert text or another shortcode—-
—-Insert text or another shortcode—-