Upcoming June challenge:
Streak to Independence
June 3 – July 4
Challenge yourself this summer with a 32-day walking streak. We’re walking at least a mile every day until July 4th!
Those who walk at least one mile everyday(20 active minutes) for
32 days straight will receive program credit towards WellBAMA Rewards.
- You’ll accomplish something each day
- You don’t have to worry about getting 10,000 steps
- Your body will get stronger
- Your whole family can do it – TOGETHER
- Your activity will start to become automatic!
Congratulations to the top 3 teams with the most active minutes in the “We Like to Move It, Move It” May challenge:
|Team||Average Daily Active Minutes|
|1st||Facilities & Grounds||1 h. 33 min.|
|2nd||Libraries/UREC||1 h. 22 min.|
|3rd||System Office||1 h. 7 min.|
|UA as a whole||43 min.|
Teams with the greatest increase of average daily active minutes during the May challenge:
|UA as a whole||34.40%|
Teams with the highest percentage of team members who reached their 10,000 steps per day goal:
|Facilities & Grounds||71%|
|Pres/Honors College/Grad School/Comm Afrs||64%|
|UA as a whole||34%|
All challenge participants who averaged at least 10,000 steps a day for the duration of the challenge were entered into a drawing to win a Fitbit swag bag.
The May Fitbit swag bag drawing winners:
Mary Lindsey Bailey Candace Holliday
Leah Breeding Joyce Julien
Kristie Click Abby Montgomery
Tory Ezell Nicole Shaw
Jamey Grimes Casey Totenhagen
You may pick up your swag bag at the Office of Health Promotion & Wellness, 1515 Flint River Drive, Employee Resource Center (Partlow Campus).
Click here for past challenge team winners and top steppers.
Ready to Join the UA System Fitbit Program?
Join the UA System Fitbit Program to participate in campus-wide challenges.
Purchase heavily discounted wearable devices for you, your friends and family members.
If you don’t have a Fitbit device but want to participate in step challenges, you can use your mobile phone as your device. Under “set up a device” in your Fitbit app settings, select “Mobile Track”.
All UA employees will have the opportunity to purchase Fitbit devices at reduced rates and to participate in campus-wide wellness challenges!
This is a System-wide initiative, so you will be able to challenge individuals at UAB, UAH and the UA System Office.
- Friends and family may not purchase devices. Only full-time and benefit eligible employees.
- Each full-time, benefit eligible employee will receive an email from UA Wellness with an access code allowing them to buy devices at that time.
- Employees may purchase an unlimited number of devices at a discounted rate from the online storefront.
- You will not be reimbursed for Fitbit purchases made outside of the UA System Fitbit Program online storefront. Discounts will only be available through this storefront.
UA System Fitbit Program Discounted Pricing
What if I already have a Fitbit Device?
Great! If you do not purchase a device but would like to use your current Fitbit device in the wellness challenges, join the program by completing the form above.
How will the Wellness Challenges Work?
You will be prompted to join the ‘UA System Fitbit Program’ when you set up your device online and all your activity will sync automatically with the UA Wellness program.
Ongoing Fitbit wellness programs will count as Qualifying WellBAMA Rewards programs once completed with an average of 10,000 steps per day over the course of the challenge.
What Information will be shared if I sync my Fitbit to the UA System Fitbit Program?
When you consent to the program only your exercise activity will be shared. All personal information (height, weight, GPS location) will not be shared with UA System from Fitbit. That information is confidential within your Fitbit consent.
- Some of the dashboard features and individual group leaderboards are designed to let participants connect with coworkers and compare Fitbit data with each other. This data includes a participant’s name, avatar, steps, active minutes, last sync date, as well as a link to the participant’s public Fitbit profile.
- What administrators of the site can see:
- Aggregate data: De-identified summary of program information.
- Individual data: Includes participants, photo, name, sync date, steps, distance, floors, and active minutes. Fitbit does not provide access to GPS location, or sensitive health information such as sleep or weight.
Resale Policies and State Ethics Guidelines:
Any University of Alabama employees purchasing Fitbit products through the UA System Fitbit Program are “public employees” subject to the Alabama ethics laws. As such, employees may not resell any Fitbit products purchase through the UA System Fitbit Program for a profit. Any such sale would be considered using your public position for personal gain, and would be a violation of the Ethics Act. Campus officials will investigate any reports of employees reselling such products for more than they paid for them. Any employee found to have profited from such sale is subject to being banned from program participation, to workplace discipline, and to being reported to the State Ethics Commission, which can levy criminal charges.
—-Insert text or another shortcode—-
—-Insert text or another shortcode—-