CC25K Frequently Asked Questions:
CC25K Frequently Asked Questions:
What is the Crimson Couch to 5K/10K 7-week Training Program?
- A 7-week physical activity and wellness program, designed specifically for UA faculty and staff. Providing tools and resources to help motivate individuals to move more, feel better, and improve their quality of life. Track your activity online through the wellness portal during the 7-week training period.
Who can participate in the 7-week program?
- UA faculty & staff can participate individually, or on teams up to 5.
Can I just sign up as an individual and not as a team?
- Yes, you will be the team captain and the only member of your team.
Can someone add non-UA team members to team?
- No, you must be a Faculty-Staff member at the University of Alabama, or spouse. They will not be able to use on-line tracking if they are not faculty or staff. Spouses will be kept on a separate registration sheet.
Can Graduate Students be on a team?
- Yes. Graduate students may be on a team with at least one faculty/staff person as a Team Captain.
- Graduate students cannot be a Team Captain.
- There cannot be a team of only graduate students. The online registration system will not accept some Graduate Student’s bama or crimson emails. If this occurs, email firstname.lastname@example.org, the name of the Graduate Student, the TEAM name, training program and t-shirt size. We will keep these individuals on a separate list.
- Graduate students will not be able to use the on-line tracking option. Paper tracking forms are available if they choose to track their workout, however our office will not need these records.
Can spouses be on a team?
- Yes. The same rules apply for spouses that apply to graduate students. As long as there is at least one faculty/staff member as a Team Captain. Spouses cannot be a Team Captain. Spouses will also need to be placed on a separate list.
- You will need to email our office the name of employee, the spouse name, TEAM name and training program to: email@example.com.
- Spouses do not need to attend check-ins or submit any tracking forms.
When do I need to ‘check-in’ and what does that entail?
- CC25K kick-off is February 16th from 11:00 am -1 :00 pm at the Ferguson Center and final week April 5th and April
Do we have to be measured and weighed?
- No. Weight and measurements are completely optional and confidential
- Friday, February 16: 11:00 am-1:00 pm, Ferguson Center (second floor/near food court)
- Thursday, April 5: 2:00-4:00 pm in Russell Hall Courtyard
- Friday, April 6: 11:00 am – 1:00 pm in Russell Hall Courtyard AND 3:00-5:30 pm UREC Outdoor Pool Complex
What else is involved in the program?
- Train with your team or on your own by following the CC25K training program (available online & at check-in locations) and tracking your daily activity through the wellness portal. You may also sign up and participate in the twice weekly Group Training sessions that are offered on campus (for a $20 fee). Group training participants will have access to UREC facilities February 12-April 11.
When and where are the group training times?
- Group training is held on Tuesdays and Thursdays
- The times and locations are: 6:00am and 5:15pm at the Outdoor Pool Complex.
- Must complete an enrollment packet at pay fee to UREC Membership office by February 8, 2018
- Pre-assessment evaluation: February 13 or 15 at perspective training times
Why is there a fee for training and how do I pay this?
- This year we have hired trainers from the University’s Student Recreation Center to train individuals for the program. Also, we are attempting to encourage individual’s sustainability in the training program in order to alleviate dropout rates and help our participants meet or exceed their goal of completing the 5K or 10K successfully.
When is the CC25K event?
- The main event will be Saturday, April 7, 2018 at the UREC Outdoor Pool Complex at 9:00am.
What is the cost for the 5K/10K event?
- Online event registration is required for all participants (7-week program participants’ fee will not be waived for 2018 event). Event t-shirts will be distributed to those registered for the event.
- Registration fees:
- $10 – ‘Early Bird special’ – Before January 14
- $15 – January 14 through April 4
- $20 – On-site