2015 Crimson Couch to 5K/10K
- New for 2015: 7-week training program
- Kickoff events will be August 26 & 27, 2015
- The Inaugural Quad in Motion Day will serve as midpoint. Show your support and register for a time slot NOW to help UA ‘keep the Quad in Motion’ for one full day!
- Final events will be October 14, 15 & 16, 2015 at various locations on campus.
- Event day: October 17, 2015 @ 9am.
Crimson Couch to 5K & 10K 2015 Program Information
Important for 2015:
- New: 7-week training program
- New: Online event registration is required for all participants (7-week program participant fee will not be waived for 2015 event). Event t-shirts will be distributed to those registered for the event.
- $5 ‘Early Bird special’ – Before September 30
- $10 October 1-16
- $15 on-site
- Online tracking is required throughout all 7 weeks of program to qualify as program completion for WellBAMA Rewards.
- REGISTER NOW: The Inaugural Quad in Motion Day will serve as the CC25K midpoint. Show your support and register for a time slot NOW to help UA ‘keep the Quad in Motion’ for one full day!
Crimson Couch to 5K & 10K Event Information
The 2015 Crimson Couch to 5K/10K event is scheduled for
Saturday, October 17, 2015 at 9:00am.
Event: 2014 Route Map
How to Register: Register online (link to be posted in August 2015) for the 2015 Crimson Couch to 5K/10K event.
Online event registration is required for all participants (7-week program participants’ fee will not be waived for 2015 event).
Registration: Registration is required for everyone.
- $5 – ‘Early Bird special’ – Before September 30
- $10 – October 1-16
- $15 – On-site
Parking: Parking is available in the lot on Campus Drive East across from the Outdoor Pool Complex.
Volunteers: We need volunteers to help make this event a success! If you want to help volunteer for this event, please click the link below!
Success Story: The Misfits 1, 2 & 3
Shonna Evans, Custodial Services, has been invaluable in Crimson Couch to 5K program recruitment. “I do it because I had so much fun last year,” Shonna said.
When asked why she was inspired to recruit three CC25K teams (The Misfits 1, 2 & 3) of 11 participants, nine of whom are new to the program, Shonna said, “Employees should really take advantage of the wellness programs the University offers. Programs like WellBAMA can save your life or point out risk factors you may not otherwise be aware of. I want my teammates to experience how much fun walking/running a 5K can be!”
2014 Program Details:
- CC25K/10K 2014 Dependent Event Time results
- CC25K/10K 2014 10K Event Time results
- CC25K/10K 2014 5K Event Time results
Past Promotional Pieces:
- Click here for the 2012 WVUA News piece on the Crimson Couch to 5K
- Click here for the 2014 WVUA News piece on Crimson Couch to 5K