Crimson Couch to 5K/10K 9-week Program Information
- Crimson Couch to 5K 2014 Event Registration Form
- CLICK HERE to complete online tracking
- Click here for the Participant Guide with Training schedule & paper tracker
- Click here for the campus poster
- Click here to see the Crimson Couch to 5K Kick-Off promo video!
Crimson Couch to 5K & 10K Event Information
The 2014 Crimson Couch to 5K/10K event is scheduled for Sunday, November 16, 2014 at 2:00pm.
Event: Sunday, November 16, 2014. On-site registration and festivities begin at 12:30pm, 10K starts at 1:45pm, 5K starts at 2:00pm, rain or shine at the University of Alabama Student Recreation Outdoor Pool Complex. 2014 Route Map
- 12:30pm: On-site registration and event festivities
- Live entertainment, kid’s tent activities, Big Al & Crimson Couch photo opportunities, door prizes and more!
- 1:00pm: Kid’s Dash
- 1:30pm: Group warm-up (10K participants go line up at Start line)
- 1:45pm: 10K begins (5K participants go line up at Start line)
- 2:00pm: 5K begins
How to Enter: For those not enrolled in the CC25K 9-week training program, complete the Crimson Couch to 5K Event Registration Form and submit to:The Office of Health Promotion and Wellness 501 University Blvd 321 Russell Hall Campus Box: 870367 Tuscaloosa, AL 35487
Registration: On-site registration will be between 12:30pm-1:30pm, November 16, at the UREC Outdoor Pool Complex. For individuals not participating in the Crimson Couch to 5K 9-week program, mail completed forms & payment by November 14th. Entry fees are non- refundable and non-transferable. Registration is required for everyone.
- For those UA faculty/staff enrolled in the CC25K 9-week training program, you may register yourself, and your dependents, online here.
- Crimson Couch to 5K 9-week Program Participants: Free
- If you are not UA faculty/staff participating in the 9-week training program:
- Under 18: Free
- Pre-Registered: $10
- On-site: $15
Payment: Payable via check, made payable to ‘The University of Alabama’
Parking: Parking is available in the lot on Campus Drive East across from the Outdoor Pool Complex.
Due to the overwhelming number of registrations for this event, there is a limited number of t-shirts available at on-site registration and are distributed on a first come, first serve basis.
Success Story: The Misfits 1, 2 & 3
Shonna Evans, Custodial Services, has been invaluable in Crimson Couch to 5K program recruitment. “I do it because I had so much fun last year,” Shonna said.
When asked why she was inspired to recruit three CC25K teams (The Misfits 1, 2 & 3) of 11 participants, nine of whom are new to the program, Shonna said, “Employees should really take advantage of the wellness programs the University offers. Programs like WellBAMA can save your life or point out risk factors you may not otherwise be aware of. I want my teammates to experience how much fun walking/running a 5K can be!”
Click here for the WVUA News piece on the Crimson Couch to 5K
2013 Program Details:2013 CC25K Kickoff Video Click Here for 2013 Crimson Couch to 5K/10K Event photos